We've got another big update for you folks. Here is what's new in the web app.
⏺ Call recording
124 of you asked for call recording so it has been a popular request.
You can now record both incoming and outgoing calls right from the web app. Just click on the record button while in the call.
Also, you can start and stop recording multiple times during the call. This way, you can record the entire call or just a snippet.
Your call audio will be available in the conversation screen right after you finish recording. Go back and listen whenever.
If you have a shared phone number for your team, call recordings will be available to everyone with access to that number.
👩🏻⚖️Legal bit: You must notify the person you're talking to that you'd like to record the call before you start recording. You'll be on the right side of the law when you give them the opportunity to opt-out of having the conversation recorded.
We thought it was odd to dial numbers by punching them one at a time just like we used to ☎️
So we made it super fast to dial any number or contact. Just enter the name or the number and press Enter. That's it.
Don't worry, you can still use your keypad while on the call if you need to navigate a phone menu.
🔢Get more phone numbers
You can now buy additional OpenPhone numbers yourself, in seconds. No need to reach out to our team (though we're happy to help, as always!)
You can get more numbers right from your Admin Dashboard ⤴️
The pricing stays the same:
- Individual numbers are $10/mo each
- Shared numbers are $15/mo per member
👩🏼💻Assign phone numbers to your team members
Once you get a new number, you can assign it to a team member. This applies to any existing phone number that you'd like to re-assign.
Here's how that works:
Assign a phone number to your colleague right from the Admin Dashboard ⤴️
Ever been on the call and wanted to change the mic or speaker you use? You can now change them both right from the dial screen.
✨User experience improvements
- You can drag & drop the call screen anywhere you like on the screen so it doesn't clutter your view
- Copy your phone numbers from the side menu
- Way easier to access your profile and settings
- Invite your team members to OpenPhone in 1 click
- Unread is now a filter (rather than an inbox) so it's even easier to stay on top of things
- You can now update your payment information inside the web app without issues
- We fixed the bug where you couldn't update your email address on the account
We hope you enjoy these! Let us know what you think.
Stay healthy folks!🏡